As a blogger and social media content creator, it’s so important for me to stay organized and on top of everything from my Instagram feed to blog content and deadlines. I know how easy it can be to forget a task when there are so many things to accomplish with limited time. Although I have a small team to help me, I want to stay as organized as possible. One of my favorite ways to do that is by using various apps. I’ve discovered so many different apps that have helped me tremendously. And I wanted to share my top 10 essential apps every blogger should use. Check it out in today’s post.
Keep Reading Essential Apps Every Blogger Should Use
Instagram: Planoly + LIKEtoKNOW.it
1. Planoly – Most bloggers’ Instagram feeds make up a huge part of their brand and business. As a result, it’s crucial to have a consistent aesthetic and feed. Planoly is my favorite app for planning and managing my Instagram posts. I can’t tell you how life changing it has been to be able to see how an image will fit into my feed, and then scheduling it. The schedule function is also extremely helpful for ensuring photos go live when they’re supposed to.
2. LIKEtoKNOW.it – This is a great app for allowing others to shop your outfits. So often, I’ll receive messages from people asking me where my outfit is from. The LIKEtoKNOW.it app allows you to follow your favorite bloggers and shop their IG posts with items that you’re interested in. You simply go to the photo, click it, and all of the tagged products will show up with a direct link to shop!
Photo Editing: Snapseed + Lightroom
3. Snapseed – I love Snapseed for on-the-go photo editing. It’s my favorite way to spruce up images and make them look amazing on social media. There are so many tools and functions in this tiny app that you can use to edit and modify your images. I can’t tell you how many times it’s taken my iPhone images from dull to vibrant. It’s my personal favorite!
4. Lightroom – Lightroom is another great app to use for photo editing. It comes with the basic editing panel you get in the desktop version, which I find super helpful and easy to use. I tend to use Lightroom on my computer more often, but I will go to the Lightroom app for quick fixes.
Staying on Task: Notes + Reminders
5. Notes – Creating lists are so important for me, especially for jotting down ideas quickly or making simple to-do lists. I find that the Notes app is the simplest and most practical way to do this as long as you don’t need a reminder. There’s also a checklist function, so you feel like you’re crossing things off.
6. Reminders – This app is great for keeping up with deadlines. Although your calendar can also help with this, I love using Reminders for the alert functionality. They can be triggered by time or location – and are perfect for remembering timely, important tasks.
Staying Organized: Trello + Asana
7. Trello – I recently started using Trello to organize my blog content and it has changed my life. Trello is great for keeping track of blog posts and ideas. You can then color code them for easy organization and collaboration between your team. It’s so easy and practical to use!
8. Asana – This app is similar to Trello, but I find it better for managing rigorous projects with more tasks and people involved. Here, you can have a list of tasks, dedicate it to a specific person, and then track the progress of it. Super useful!
Photo Organization: Dropbox
9. Dropbox – As a blogger, I work with photographers frequently, and I’ve found that Dropbox is hands down the best way to send and receive images. It’s great because you can organize your images into folders and download photos directly. Aside from photos, it’s an amazing file-sharing platform because anyone can access it from various devices and operating systems.
Business Inspiration: Podcasts
10. Podcasts – I love listening to podcasts for personal development – and I truly believe that they can help you create the career and life you’ve always wanted! My favorites are those filled with tactics and tips to run a successful business, positivity, and mindfulness. For a list of podcasts I highly recommend, check out this post here.
I’m constantly looking for new ways to stay organized and efficient, so if you have other apps in mind, I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!
Photos by Lainey Reed