I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s already here. This week is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – the seconded biggest sale event next to Black Friday for us devoted Nordstrom lovers. This is the sale you want to shop to score HUGE deals on pre-fall items. I’m talking up to 50% designer denim styles, booties, sweaters and outerwear. And if you don’t have a strategic plan put in place to shop this sale, chances are you’re going to miss out on the savings.
Ahem, me two years ago as I watched all of my coveted Joie booties sell out in a matter of hours. And then I couldn’t stomach the thought of buying them at full-price, so they never made it into my closet. (tear) So, the next year, I signed up for a Nordstrom Card.
Thursday, July 13 – Early Access begins
Friday, July 21 – Non-Cardholder Access begins
Keep Reading How to Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Here’s how I’m prepping and how YOU can prevent missing a single item:
1. Sign Up For the APOL newsletter
I’ll be sending out newsletters during the sale and especially on the first day of Early Access. I’m talking personal sale recommendations and dressing room sizing/quality suggestions. I’ll be sending out sale round-ups in every category to save you the hassle of clicking through the hundreds of sale items.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF MY BLOG.
2. Sign up for Nordstrom Rewards
As a Nordstrom Rewards member, you will rack up points every time you shop Nordstrom.com. Get points to get $$$ back into your pocket on Nordstrom purchases. No purchase is necessary for Nordstrom Rewards – just your phone number which doubles as your member number.
3. Apply for the Nordstrom Credit Card
Not only will you rack up double the points as mentioned above, you will have early Nordstrom Anniversary Sale access:
• CREDIT: I know what you’re thinking because I was thinking the same thing – not another credit card, but it’s definitely worth it if you are a regular Nordstrom customer. Plus, the double points mean rewards in your mailbox more often!
4. Check out the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Catalog
I’ve already scoured each page of the Anniversary Sale catalog to see which items I might want to click over to first, and trust me, there are some major pieces to be found in the catalog this year!
5. Know What to Shop For
Going into the Nordstrom Anniversary sale blindly will most likely leave you overwhelmed and indecisive! Take a look at your fall wardrobe the next few days, and see where you need to update it.
Ask yourself a few questions:
1. Did I wish that I had stocked up on more fall sweaters last year? Or maybe it was oversized cardigans and layering pieces? Or outerwear?
2. Do I want to take advantage of Rebecca Minkoff handbags on sale?
Tory Burch handbags on sale?
3. Do I want to stock up on new fall boots this year? This includes knowing whether you want flat booties, heeled booties and over the knee boots. Stuart Weitzman on sale!?
4. Do I need new designer denim for fall? Should I try a new style like the flare jean trend? Or should I get a new pair of distressed skinny jeans?
5. Should I stock up on discounted leggings? What about moto leggings?
6. What splurge beauty items on sale are also on my wishlist? Are there fragrance sets or other home goods that would make great Christmas gifts to buy early?
If you have any additional questions on the Nordstrom Anniversary sale,
see this full info page for details!
Ps. Starting midnight PST on July 12, my first post for this sale
that will include my favorite picks will go live!
Examples of past Nordstrom Sale posts can be seen here: