I am one of those people who carry obnoxiously big purses (think carry-on bag) because I have so much stuff that I carry around on a daily basis. Things get added and removed but, I have a constant group of items that I must have with me at ALL times. If one is not there, I tend to panic. Right now, I haven’t replaced my empty Burt’s Bees yet, and it’s giving me anxiety and chapped lips. Yes, I’m really this dramatic about chapstick. Here are my purse must-haves!
1. Sunglasses – Normally, you will find two or more in my bag at one time.
2. Purell – I have one on my desk too.
3. Field Notes – c/o my boss who must know I am addicted to making lists bc he’s given me two of these already.
4. Wallet – Always stuffed with shipping receipts for invitation orders. Never stuffed with money. : /
5. Hair elastics – These from Goody also double as pretty wrist wear.
6. Bobby pins – Necessary for my impromptu bun hair, and they’re always mysteriously disappearing.
7. Lipcolor – For when you leave straight from work to go to an event/dinner/etc.
8. Sharpies – I have three in my purse right now. The only thing I use to address packages.
9. Pilot V7 Rollerball pen – Doesn’t everyone have a favorite pen type?
10. Burt’s Bees – Take away my Burt’s Bees, and you’re putting your life in jeopardy!
11. Small makeup bag – Self-explanatory
12. Rollerball perfume – Jimmy Choo is one of my favorite scents.
13. Backup lip product – An option between chapstick and full-on lipcolor.
14. iPhone – Besides the computer, my phone is the most important component to keeping up this blog!
Do you have must-have items in your purse? Share!
Have you been introduced to Framework Magazine yet?? If not, it’s one e-publication that should definitely be on your monthly reading list. Framework celebrates fresh ideas and tips to stylish everyday living. It’s Canadian-based but includes personal style and entertaining ideas from all over!
I’ll be the first to tell you that more than a few Canadian ladies have helped inspire my journey through blogging – Monika Hibbs, Steph Sterjovski, Randa Salloum just to name a few. They have overflowing creativity you guys, which makes it extra special for me that I was asked to contribute to Framework‘s Blogger Panel for the June issue!
This month’s panel is discussing different summer party tips. Whether it’s what to wear or what music to play, three other bloggers and I are dishing some of our favorite hostess ideas. Inside the June issue, you’ll also find an awesome article on how to throw a wine tasting party complete with recipes and printables. Not to give away the entire issue, here are just a couple shots of my favorite things you’ll also see in this month’s Framework!
All images c/o Framework Magazine. Thank you ladies (Bria!), for including me in your issue. Can’t wait for future collaborations too. 😉
When Randa from I See Noise prints and I discussed a possible collaboration post, I knew a simple giveaway post with the same ole photos would not suffice. I mean, these prints are pretty fab. I’ve got two of them hanging up in my own house (you might remember them from this post.) We picked out her Diamond 24K print, and then I got to planning a bridal shower style shoot. So no, no one was actually in my backyard eating these cookies and drinking these refreshments – except for me. BUT the point is to show you how you can get the same look for your own shower or party.
What I ended up arranging is pretty much what I would plan for my own bridal shower, haha. SO, if you share my love for black stripes and gold, today is your lucky day! Here is a rundown of everything you see:
Diamond 24K print – I See Noise
Striped Throw – Ikea
Gold dot napkins – Anthropologie
Monogram tumblers – similar from Mark and Graham
Trays – Both were DIYs but similar HERE and HERE
Cocktail Stirrers – DIY (tutorial here)
Milk Glass vases – similar styles
Gem Stone cork favors – DIY (tutorial here)
Love it and want a chance to win the Diamond 24K print in today’s photos? Here are the details:
Like A Pinch of Lovely and I See Noise on Facebook
Pin your favorite image from today’s post onto Pinterest with hashtag: #ISeeNoiseGiveaway
Leave your email address in a comment!
Simple and easy – now get to pinning!!
1. A summer polish change to Essie’s Mint Candy Apple just in time for the pool.
2. Jack Rogers Georgica jellies from Head Over Heels BR or HERE online.
3. Grits Grace Gossip on Etsy!
4. A Memorial Day photo of my grandfather on my inspiration board.
5. A cool shot I got from BCS Fest in Tiger Stadium this past weekend.
6. Early birthday wishes from Anthropologie.
Are you keeping up with APoL on Instagram? Follow @KrystalBennett to get sneaks of upcoming posts, product features and just random things I like. 😉
Got some FUN posts for this week – super excited to share!!