In case you weren’t following along on Instagram last week (for shame!), I wanted to highlight my favorite photos from my Paris trip to maybe give you some quick ideas or insight into your own trip. These are just little tid-bits while next week begins the actual full-blown Paris blog posts! Get ready, I’m so excited to share!
1. An absolute must in Paris is dining at an outdoor cafe – we ate at this cute one with colorful chairs in the Latin Quarter. Most of the cafes had chairs that face the street instead of the tables… for lots of people watching!
2. Okay, I know lots of people told us that the Moulin Rouge would be the absolute, most overrated thing we’d do on this trip, but I had the BEST time. Champagne with lots of sequin and feathery costumes? Yes!
3. Macarons. We visited Ladurée twice within 24 hours. I mean, we stopped in the middle of the day to drink coffee and eat real French macarons. Life was perfect in that instant.
4. You simply cannot visit Paris without visiting the Louvre to fight your way through the crowd and get a photo of the Mona Lisa. You just can’t.
5. More champagne of course – on a river cruise on the Seine. (We drank lots of champagne.)
6. My favorite part of the trip – the palace of Versailles. If you ever have the opportunity to go here – DO IT!
Like I said, just a little peeks of our trip, but the full posts will be up next week! Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Joe Fresh tee (SIMILAR); skirt (no longer available) (SIMILAR / on sale); Brian Atwood pumps via Gilt; Zara clutch; Marc by Marc Jacobs aviators; red beaded bracelet c/o Leah Alexandra; Stella & Dot Renegade Cluster bracelet; Hamsa bracelet c/o Dotted Tusk; gold bead bracelet c/o Accessory Auctions; Michael Kors watch; two gold vintage bracelets; red stone DIY bracelet.
I hope this post greets you before you are all packing up for your July 4th holiday weekend! This is one of my favorite, favorite outfits that I’ve shot this summer. Oh the patterns – and the color you will not see me wearing very often – orange.
I’m not sure why, but orange and I have a difficult relationship. (Everyone has a color they don’t like on themselves, right?) I’ve found that I just cannot wear it… unless it’s paired with something else. Something else that will take the focus off of the orange up against my skin – a color that will neutralize it’s unflattering quality.
I’m about to get all graphic design on you here. Take a look at a basic COLOR WHEEL. My unflattering orange is across the color wheel from blue, a color I’d like to think is rather flattering on me. Orange and Blue are complementary colors – They neutralize each other. Wear them together. If you hate how a color looks on you, pair it with it’s opposite. And once you do that, don’t be afraid to throw in another color in smaller amounts.
In this case, red was just the right accent color for my orange and blue. I used my red, Leah Alexandra bracelet to bring out the red stripes in my skirt. (A skirt – which btw – began as a pencil skirt that I had shortened and taken in. A seamstress is a budget shopper’s best friend.)
What do you think? Are you ready to conquer your most unflattering hue?
Photos by Brei Olivier