I’m getting holiday-ready around the house, and today, I’m talking about holiday wrapping! Not only can we give gifts that give back, we can also wrap our presents with gift wrap and tags that donate to charitable organizations. H&M has created special gift labels that will donate DOUBLE the sales price to the CARE organization – who works alongside women and girls to help them develop business opportunities. See how I’m putting these CARE labels to use!
photos by Kaela Rodehorst Photography
I like for the gifts under my tree to coordinate, so I always tend to go for wrapping paper in metallic colors and a graphic pattern like dots or stripes. I also love gifts with a nice, big bow, but I also use a simple baker’s twine on smaller packages. Either way my H&M CARE labels are perfect to place on my favorite wrapping papers – visit any H&M store to pick up your own! (Quick note – I use my gold scissors ONLY for cutting paper. There’s nothing worse than scissors that are used in the kitchen that then get dull or sticky, so I keep these pretty scissors in my paper drawer only!)
My Pret á Porter babydoll dress in herringbone is so comfy and festive. This dress is actually reversible with another herringbone print on the inside, so it’s pretty much two dresses in one! It’s ideal for weekend errands or just hanging with family around the house. I paired it with my plaid blanket scarf and some over-the-knee socks. I’ll have another way to style this dress coming up soon!
Pret á Porter is generously offering 30% the website including this dress for APoL readers with the code PINCH!
It’s Green Monday – one last big sale day! Don’t miss a few major sales that are ending today!!
Forever21 – 30% off select merchandise ends 12/8
Anthropologie – 30% off sale with code EXTRAMERRY ends 12/9
Nordstrom – 40% off select new markdowns for a limited time
J.Crew – up to 30% off with code MERRYMERRY ends 12/9
Baublebar – 30% off sitewide with code INSTAGLAM
C.Wonder – 30% off + free shipping ends 12/18
ASOS – 20% off select brands for a limited time
Kate Spade – 25% off with code JACKPOT from 12/8 until 12/9
Saks Fifth Avenue – up to 40% off designer sale for a limited time
Neiman Marcus – up to 50% off women’s & 33% of men’s for a limited time
Club Monaco – 30% off select items with code WINTERFAVES ends 12/8
Madewell – 30% off sale styles with code MERRIEST ends 12/8
I sat down and really tried to come up with a list of all the things I’m thankful for this year. I have been so blessed and have so many reasons to be grateful in 2014 that it posed to be an impossible task. At the forefront of my mind, I am so incredibly thankful for this blog. This outlet that began as a hobby has given me opportunities beyond my wildest expectations and given me relationships that I would never have made otherwise. Here are six reasons this Thanksgiving that I am grateful for A Pinch of Lovely and for all of you that make it possible.
1. Through APoL, I have formed some pretty priceless friendships with people that I otherwise might have never known. At the top of my list are Jenn from Haute Off the Rack and Kaela Williams (who is often found in my photo credits!) I am so appreciate and thankful for all of our adventures together and all of the blog conversations that no one else would ever understand!
2. If you’re not a blogger yourself, chances are you aren’t familiar with rewardStyle, but it plays a huge part in the behind-the-scenes action of APoL. It’s given me the ability to pursue blogging as a career path and provides a way for me to set goals for myself each month through analytics. (Oh and they throw some pretty fun parties too!)
3. New York Fashion Week – a DREAM of mine that somehow came true twice in one year. I never in my life imagined I would sit inside “the tents” or play dress-up in PR showrooms, and I feel incredibly lucky to have had the experience not once but twice in 2014.
4. Working creatively with brands on projects and collaborations is by far one of my favorite parts of blogging. I love, loved working with the Kendra Scott team this year. From the Baton Rouge opening to the curated page on the website + the New York showroom tour to finally meeting Kendra in person, I’m so thankful for KS team and their support for bloggers.
5. “I am very busy.” I totally am, and I’m loving every second of it. Although, I have a full-time graphic design job, I get to tap into a different creative side through APoL which basically means… I have two jobs. BUT, you will never hear me complain. I know it’s cliche – If you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life!
6. With all of the outfit photos I take, this blog has also helped me embrace imperfections. Not every photo turns out to be the most flattering, and there are many that never make it onto the blog. It’s definitely a hard and daunting thing to do to put pictures of yourself out on the internet for everyone to judge. I’m thankful for all of the readers and followers on social media and for all of the positivity and support.
I could go on and on, but these seemed like the best ones to start with. Thank you, thank you for reading along and following along. I’m so grateful for each one of you and what you mean to A Pinch of Lovely. Happy Thanksgiving!! xo
I’m so excited to introduce my “Behind the Blog” series featuring some of my favorite bloggers while I’m gone for vacation. The goal was to get a little insight into the person… well, away from the their computers and outfit posts. Each of them will be giving you little tidbits or lesser known facts of their lives. Enjoy!
Meet Juley from Upperlyne:
1. Where is your happy place?