On Friday, I had a roundup of packing inspired products, but today, I’m showing you what I actually packed for Greece. You can see in this little glimpse of what’s going into my suitcase, that I’ve got quite the array of items. Overall, I have enough day and night outfits for 11 days, and believe it or not, I fit everything into one carry-on bag. Jordan didn’t think I could do it, but clearly, I proved him wrong!
The key to space-saving was tightly rolling every article of clothing and scaling down on products and makeup. I mean, this isn’t a Vegas trip, so I won’t be needing a bunch of high heels and an array of eyeshadows. Not to mention, summer clothing is much lighter – less fabric, less room it takes up! Now, this isn’t quite everything that made it in the bag, but you can see what I’ll be wearing and snaps from our trip on Instagram (@apinchoflovely)!
Instead of the typical Friday Favorites, I wanted to share some travel pieces that have helped me start my very own packing for our honeymoon next week. We will be in Greece for two whole weeks – possibly the longest vacation I’ve ever taken (besides summer camp in like 5th grade, but that doesn’t count). Some of these I actually am packing and you’ll see them popping up on IG while I’m there and on the blog once I get back!
1. Wash and Wear Lingerie Bags – Making it super easy to separate your clean clothes from your worn items while being super cute.
2. Bumble and Bumble Travel Kit – Stocked with the brand’s best products in travel size portions.
3. Gold Birkenstock sandals – Okay, when they originally came out, I was horrified thinking WHO brought these back in style. But over the past couple of months, I’ve changed my mind…
4. Oh My Chic tee – Comfy cotton tees are a must on long trips and especially long plane rides!
5. Striped Shorts – You can pair striped shorts with ANYTHING making them a versatile piece in your travel wardrobe.
6. Supergoop – Sunscreen is a must when you’re traveling because you’ll be outside more than usual – exploring, taking in the sites – you don’t want to bring back wrinkles as a souvenir.
7. Gigi New York Crossbody – And since you’ll be on your feet while traveling, you don’t want your shoulder to start aching from that heavy purse. Invest in a trusty crossbody that you can wear several ways to shift the weight around.
8. Madewell Fedora – Some protection from the sun and really because your hair is going to start going awry at some point on the trip.
9. Vegan Weekender bag – This would be ideal for smaller weekend trips, but you can also use smaller versions as nice carry-on bags.
10. Graphic Image luggage tags – Distinctive luggage tags will help your bag stand out from the crowd at the baggage claim. Plus, you can personalize these with your monogram.
11. Reversible Trapeze tops – These tops are reversible and take some of the stress out of outfit packing. You’ll have double the options without adding more to your suitcase.
12. Pom Pom Scarf – Always a good idea to pack a scarf for unexpected chilly evenings. And poms are always a good idea no matter what.
13. Flash Tattoos – Okay, so this isn’t a necessity, I just sort of wanted to pack some.
14. Nike Vintage Collection sneakers – I’m not normally one to wear athletic shoes, but sometimes when traveling you need comfortable walking shoes. These combine comfort and cool.
15. What the heck happened to number 15?! Scatterbrain…
16. Oribe Beach Wave and Shine Spray – To get natural waves with less fuss. Time is of the essence while traveling!
17. Mirror Lens Aviators – I like aviators on trips because they are light-weight and won’t leave as big of an indention on the sides of your nose after wearing them all day.
Hope you enjoyed the little round-up! I decided to hold off on sales today since the 4th of July sales just ended, and you likely need a little sale break. 🙂
All of the blog posts have been scheduled for while I’m away, so it will be just like I’m still here at the computer. The only difference will be that my IG photos will be much cooler! (@apinchoflovely)
There’s nothing better than sipping a fancy drink on the beach with a fancy coverup. Mara Hoffman’s prints have always been a big favorite of mine, so I’ve been obsessed with these swimsuit coverups ever since they came out. (Turns out Jenn from Haute Off the Rack has been too!) Mara’s trademark patterns are bright and captivating. They draw inspiration from nature and world travel – and they’re just really FUN to wear.
These coverups are perfect for an exotic vacation or summer pool party, but I’d actually be perfectly fine wearing it in my backyard too… because I sit on my porch with festive straws every now and then. 😉
Head over to www.hauteofftherack.com to see Jenn’s outfit details!
Happy 4th of July! I hope you are all SAFELY enjoying your holiday weekend. I’m spending my short little vacay on the beach with friends and shooting some fun collaborations for APoL. Check out Instagram (@apinchoflovely) for exclusive (and directly shop-able) outfit posts and product posts – and a few peeks at my vacation time!
See you right back here next week, and don’t forget that Monday is the last day to enter the TAudrey necklace giveaway. Plus next week, I start packing for Greece (AHH), and I’ll be sharing my packing essentials with you – I seriously can’t wait!
And you can’t miss our colorful headpieces – these floral headbands are by The Sour Melan – two sisters from Dallas, Texas who make each piece by hand. Their Etsy shop is full of flowery goodness perfect for summer.