1. A summer polish change to Essie’s Mint Candy Apple just in time for the pool.
2. Jack Rogers Georgica jellies from Head Over Heels BR or HERE online.
3. Grits Grace Gossip on Etsy!
4. A Memorial Day photo of my grandfather on my inspiration board.
5. A cool shot I got from BCS Fest in Tiger Stadium this past weekend.
6. Early birthday wishes from Anthropologie.
Are you keeping up with APoL on Instagram? Follow @KrystalBennett to get sneaks of upcoming posts, product features and just random things I like. 😉
Got some FUN posts for this week – super excited to share!!
Shop With Me
Butterfly Shift Dress c/o Oasis / Floppy straw hat c/o Warehouse / ASOS Sonic pointed heel (no longer in white (SIMILAR); BLACK and TAN styles still available) / Zara Metallic clutch (SIMILAR) / The Limited lucite necklace (SIMILAR) / Olive pendant necklace c/o Shabana Khan / Bracelets: Dotted Tusk, Stella & Dot Renegade, leather wrap c/o Clover Boutique, gold beaded bracelet c/o Accessory Auctions, orange bangle DIY, horn bracelet and two vintage gold bracelets / Michael Kors watch / Eternity band c/o Anjolee / Marrakech ring c/o KiraKira.
This post has been almost a month in the making, and I am SO excited to show the final outcome of my collaboration with Warehouse and Other Brands. It’s been a hard secret to keep as we planned a post to kickoff summer style utilizing pieces from both of the Warehouse and Oasis brands. I can’t think of more necessary and versatile summer pieces than a colorful shift, white heels, floppy hat and metallic clutch. Here’s a little rundown of each…
The Oasis Butterfly shift dress is one of my favorite, new summer arrivals. The reflective, mirror design and gold, zippered back immediately caught my attention. Because I’m tall, the length is somewhat short on me but is perfect to pair with low heels like the ASOS Sonic pointed heel. Remember back when I posted about white heels? Yep, snatched these up, and good thing I did because the white version is completely sold out now.
Floppy hats – you know you covet one every time you see one pinned on Pinterest in some exotic location. BUT, you don’t need a far-away beach to rock a floppy straw hat. Summer concerts, days by the pool, weekend BBQs and patio brunches – heck anytime you’re out in the sun, you can wear a floppy hat like this one from Warehouse. I’m also loving this black and white floppy straw hat version too.
A fun outfit like this calls for a fun purse as well – but not one with lots of color. A metallic clutch makes a statement without stealing the spotlight, and in fact, it actually reflects the colors you’re already wearing. Pile on some bracelet stacks and layer some necklaces to complete the metallic look!
Are you liking Warehouse and Other Brands so far? I think you’re going to like them even more because they are giving one of my readers a $100 shopping credit! I can name about 20+ things I’d like to spend that $100 on… but let me get to the important stuff:
1. LIKE A Pinch of Lovely and And Other Brands on Facebook
2. SHARE the giveaway post on the A Pinch of Lovely page to your own Facebook timeline (Hint: The image will look like the one below.)
3. COMMENT on this post or on FB with your email address
4. CROSS your fingers
Okay, so number 4 was clearly a joke, but it wouldn’t hurt…
This giveaway is open until May 31st and will result in only one winner. Each entrant much complete each of the three requirements to be eligible. Official winner will be contacted by email and announced on social media. Email email@example.com with any questions regarding this contest. And Good Luck!
1. The first stop was Lauderée where I picked up 6 macarons and ate them ALL in the same day. Went back to get more, and the line was all the way down the street. (tear)
2. 230 Fifth is an outdoor hangout at the top of a hotel. Think full drink menu with lots of bar food. Has the most spectacular view over the city at sunset.
3. Found pillow fabric at Mood, found chain and buttons at MJ Trim. Lots of projects coming up!
4. I literally got off the subway and ran into the C.Wonder store. Snapped a pic of some DIY-worthy rope bracelets. This store is awesome btw.
5. At the top of Bergdorf’s sits BG, a small restaurant that overlooks The Plaza Hotel. It’s somewhat hidden on the 7th floor, probably for good reason. The menu had lots of fun champagne drinks that we had to try out.
6. Beekman’s Beer Garden is on Pier 17 inside the South Street Seaport. It’s like a tiny plot of beach right beside the Brooklyn Bridge.
7. A blowout bar with the different hair styles labeled like cocktails. This was probably one of the most relaxing parts of my trip.
8. Ugh. The shoe floor at Saks. I don’t really need to say anything else.
9. And though I did leave Saks empty-handed, I returned home with these beauties. From an unmarked, vintage store in Soho. Worn once and at leastt 70% off the original price. My proudest purchase (of many) from the trip.