I posted about JessLC a couple of weeks ago, but I did not mention the brains behind the brand… or multiple brands. Jess Lively is also a business consultant helping businesses all over the country. Through her blog JessLively.com and her consulting site BusinessWithIntention.com, Jess inspires her readers to live with intention.
I have to admit, I had sort of an epiphany reading some of her posts, and even signed up for her weekly email. So insightful and makes me consider and then reconsider some of my own decisions. If you have a small business or are considering one – it’s a must read situation!
Here are Jess’ responses from our short Q&A:
What are five things you are looking forward to this Fall?
Since there is so much “new” in my life since getting married, I’m excited about a lot of the activities my husband and I are doing like:
1) Having a friend bash to celebrate our marriage. Since we eloped for our wedding, we are having our friends get together in September for a rooftop party and build-your-own mini-burger bar.
2) Moving into our new apartment! This one is a biggie. Come October we will be moving into our first official home (apartment) together. It has more room then my current apartment which is overflowing with boxes of Jess LC inventory, so that will be a welcome change. And of course, there is always the decorating, too.
3) Getting a puppy! Again, extremely exciting. We are getting a Westie puppy this fall and cannot wait to see him or her running around our home. It will be a lot of work too, training and so on, but totally worth it.
4) Thanksgiving weekend. For our families to celebrate our marriage we are having them over to our apartment over Thanksgiving weekend. It will be a crazy affair with two big families, but totally awesome at the same time.
5) Christmas. This holiday might be the first time we have our own Christmas in Chicago as a family, or we might fly to Philly to stay with my parents. We aren’t sure on the details yet, but I’m excited about the holidays wherever we are.
How do you describe your personal business outlook?
My personal outlook on business is that we all have special gifts to share with the world to help others. And the more we can tap into what those gifts and talents might be, the more we can help people and improve our financial lives at the same time. It can be tempting to stay a safe course that doesn’t involve risk, but if you go with your gut and evolve along the way, amazing things can happen. Life, and business has a way of working out for the best.
What surprising person/place do you look to for inspiration?
For design inspiration for Jess LC I look to my first love: interior design. I love taking interior trends and translating them to accessories or jewelry. And now, I’m actually also designing home goods themselves via collaborations which is a ton of fun, too.
What’s the biggest joy you receive from blogging?
For me, blogging has allowed me to reach people and help them. So when I hear that something I have shared has made someones life or day better, I am deeply grateful.
What piece of advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
I would say: start where you are and just keep going! That is all anyone in business has ever, ever done.